Add Product

Search Results:

Emily_87

Samsung Blu-Ray player to LG TV error message

I just bought a Samsung BD-D5100 and when I try to connect it to my LG 42LC7D TV (which is 4 years old and now discontinued), I get an error message on my TV screen saying "Invalid Format." I tried hooking the player up to my Magnavox TV (which is at least 6 years old now), and it works fine. Is there a problem with my LG TV, or is Samsung just not compatable with LG? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

I bought a Samsung because it was on sale, and the Best Buy employees said they're the way to go when buying Blu-Ray. I've put off buying a Blu-Ray player until now, and now I'm beginning to wonder if it's even worth it.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

Re: Samsung Blu-Ray player to LG TV error message

How did you connect it to your TV?

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Emily_87

With the HDMI cable. I know it's not a problem with the cable, because it works with the other TV, and it's not a problem with the TV HDMI input, because it works with my Comcast cable box. The player works when I hook it up with the regular AV cords, but that kind of defeats the purpose of a Blu-Ray player, doesn't it?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

Have you applied the latest firmware updates for your television?

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Emily_87

No, but I've updated the firmware on the player. Where do I find updates for my TV?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

Check the manufacturer website
Please use plain text.
Emily_87

The only firmware update I can find can't be opened on my computer. I'm not even sure if it's the right one. The model of my TV is 42LC7D-UB, and the updates I found are 42LC7D-UB*USV*** and 42LC7D-UB*USY***. They download as .pak files, and even my Unarchiver app won't make them work. My TV has been

discontinued, so I probably won't be able to get the correct version of firmware for it.

At this point I'm ready to just return my Blu-Ray player and stick with my old DVD player. I've never had any problems with that.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

You have to follow the instructions on the website. The update is for your tv, not for your computer. Go back to where you downloaded the file. Read the instructions on how to download and install the file one your tv
Please use plain text.
Emily_87

I know it's not for my computer, but I need to download it on to my computer to get it on my flashdrive to get it on the TV. I followed the directions, but I can't go any further because the file won't open.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

I believe you are suppose to just *COPY* the file to your flash drive.  I suggest you follow the directions on the website.

Please use plain text.