Add Product

Search Results:

nitti48

Rooms To Go and 50" Samsung 720p TV...PN50B430PD

Hi..I am new to the forums..Me and my wife here in Kissimmee FL just bought a 9 piece furniture set which includes a 50" 720p Samsung Plasma TV..It is supposed to be delivered by Best Buy 2 days after our furniture is delivered Feb 10,2010...What I want to know is there anyway I can get Bestbuy to give me either a refund or gift card for the price of the Samsung 50" and upgrade that Samsung to a higher end 1080p Samsung Plasma TV..I talked to both Rooms to Go and Best Buy told me to call their 1-800-884-3269 number which I guess is for the Promotional Rooms to Go with 50" Samsung TV..That is what I want to do..Upgrade giving Best Buy more money for a higher end TV...I buy almost all my Electronics at best Buy and would appreciate any info or help before the Samsung TV is delivered..I have yet to contact this 800 number cause today is Sunday..I have no receit from Best Buy..only a Sk#..Thanks so much I hope....

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
starhelper2587

Re: Rooms To Go and 50" Samsung 720p TV...PN50B430PD

I don't think a gift card would be possible in this scenario.  With a bundle package, things get sticky ... toss in a bundle package b/w BB and another company?  Even more complicated!

Nothing I post is an official statment of Best Buy or Geek Squad, it is only a helpful opinion!
Please use plain text.
nitti48

I understand that but a refund for the price of the tv and an upgrade would put more money in Best Buys Pocket and make me Happier also..and perhaps they would not lose a customer or more from my end..It can't be that hard to come to sum kinda inbetween...

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
starhelper2587

A refund would refund the $$ back to the purchaser, which would be the furniture company.  And again, being a bundle package, BB's register system probably won't allow this.  In BB's systems, if a bundle package is broken (i.e. a part of it is returned) it makes the prices of everything else go back to normal and since the furniture isn't listed in BB's systems, I'm sure the registers wouldn't even be able to perform such a task.

Nothing I post is an official statment of Best Buy or Geek Squad, it is only a helpful opinion!
Please use plain text.
nitti48

OK sounds realistic..but would maybe like a moderators opinion..:mansad:

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
starhelper2587

Of course!  One of them should be along sometime this week to address your thread.  Keep in mind though, the CCs don't work weekends, overnights, or holidays, and posts are addressed in the order they are received.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
starhelper2587

Also, I don't recognize that phone # you posted in your first post.  I work in HT scheduling with 1-800-GEEKSQUAD and I always call/transfer clients to 1-866-313-6282.  Maybe try calling that department and see if you can get any more info while waiting for a CC to address this.

Please use plain text.
nitti48

The 1-866 # or the number I have?...I hope you see where I am coming from? My wife is really satisfied with her furniture but I know for mabe $300 more i could get what I really want..upgraded with a few more features..I am not knocking anybody just if possible trying to get an upgrade..Thanks for your help...

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
starhelper2587

I've never heard of or used 1-800-884-3269 (from your original post) ... we were handed out the # I posted and told to refer clients to it or transfer them there if they were calling in about any furniture/tv bundle promo.

Please use plain text.
nitti48

Well for reasons unknown they delivered my Samsung 50" Plasma TV 10 days earlier..To my GREAT Satisfaction instead of the PN50B430PD...they delivered a PN50B450B1D.......To most ppl that would not mean much...but this model is a newer model with more features..3HDMI ports instead of 2..PC hookup and a few others..The other model was not listed at Best Buys site but this one is...I have not hooked up yet but I am sure I am gonna be just fine with this TV..I guess my so called problem has been cleared up...Good things happen to those who wait..Thanks..Case closed.......

Please use plain text.