Add Product

Search Results:

tboyd9830

Lets hook up a Smart Blue Ray Player to my analog TV so I can get Netflix on the internet

I already have a converter box for my antenna so can I hook up a smart blue ray player and link it to

my wireless router to get netflix ?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Jimmienomam

Re: Lets hook up a Smart Blue Ray Player to my analog TV so I can get Netflix on the internet

Get Netflix on your TV?

Just want to make sure.

This assumes your smart blu ray player has Netflix streaming capabilities. If you aren't sure then post the model and we can double check for you.

So assuming you want to get Netflix on your tv then you would have to have the blu ray player connected to your tv. Then your smart blu ray player would have to be hooked up to the Internet. This would mean it would either have to be wired or wirelessly ran through your router.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Jimmienomam

Re: Lets hook up a Smart Blue Ray Player to my analog TV so I can get Netflix on the internet

If you post the model I could walk you through how to get to Netflix after the blu ray player is connected to the Internet. It's usually not hard to figure out, but if you have problems don't hesitate to ask.
Please use plain text.
Valued Member
Dimestore55

be careful when selecting a blu-ray player. Many of the newer models only have HDMI outputs which will not connect to your analog TV, or converter. You need to find one that has "composite video" (yellow cable). Other options you can consider are Media Streamers such as Roku, WDTV, etc. Again, make sure it has composite video.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
SlimJim77

I'll sound like a broken record, but this is yet another case of misguided priorities.

The OP should be shopping for a modern TV.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclosure: Former BBY employee.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Jimmienomam

Why?

I have analog sets in my house where I have a spare bluray player laying around that I hooked up to get Netflix/Hulu for my daughter. It's not like my daughter cares if it's in hi def.

You can also find a cheap blu ray player for $50-$75 vs a new tv that costs $150+ on the cheap end.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
SlimJim77

Jimmienomam wrote:
Why?

I have analog sets in my house where I have a spare bluray player laying around that I hooked up to get Netflix/Hulu for my daughter. It's not like my daughter cares if it's in hi def.

You can also find a cheap blu ray player for $50-$75 vs a new tv that costs $150+ on the cheap end.

If the OP is a "child" then I will recant my statement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
rwillen

SlimJim77 wrote:

Jimmienomam wrote:
Why?

Are you this snarky to people in your store as well?

Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
rwillen

tboyd9830 wrote:

I already have a converter box for my antenna so can I hook up a smart blue ray player and link it to

my wireless router to get netflix ?

If all you want is Netflix, your best bet is the Roku LT. It's $49.99, it has a wireless network card in it, and has a composite port that you should be able use to connect it to your TV. If you upgrade your TV down the road, the LT has an HDMI port so you're future proofed.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
SlimJim77

rwillen wrote:

SlimJim77 wrote:

Jimmienomam wrote:
Why?

Are you this snarky to people in your store as well?

Perhaps. Do you stalk people outside of this forum?

Please use plain text.