Add Product

Search Results:

luther

LCD television on top of electric fireplace

I have a 46 in.Samsung LCD TV..I am looking at a corner unit electric fireplace that a TV can go on top of..I have found quite a few..My concern is the heat bothering the LCD screen..I have a few friends that have them and are having no problems as of yet..Does anybody have any info.on any problems..

Please use plain text.
RedWyv3
Topics: 292
Kudos: 178
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 80

Re: LCD television on top of electric fireplace

Both are shielded against interferance, so there shouldn't be any problem. I would suggest leaving a couple of inches gap between the two just to be sure.

s.gifI am a Bestbuy employee who volunteers on these boards on my own time. I am not paid for posting here, and you should understand that my opinions are exactly that - opinions. I do not represent Bestbuy in any way.
: Open Mailbox
Please use plain text.
luther

My concern is the heat of the fireplace bothering the LCD screen,,

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Entropy

luther wrote:

My concern is the heat of the fireplace bothering the LCD screen,,

Depends on how well the insulation above the fireplace is.

Check the maximum temperature specs of the screen, and measure the temperature above the fireplace.  Make sure to leave some margin, since the TV will increase ambient temperatures a bit.

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.
Please use plain text.