Add Product

Search Results:

Arthur851

Dynex TV doesn't show picture

If I turn on my Xbox before turning on my tv, the tv stops functioning and the screen is black and won't even let me change the input settings. I have to take out the HDMI cable, turn the tv off, then turn the tv back on, manage to put back the cable, god knows those HDMI cables are impossible to put in..... it's a whole thing. 

Why can't it turn on after I turn my xbox on? It's not a prefference....but who remembers to turn on their tv first every time?

Anyone have a solution?

Please use plain text.
Arthur851

Re: Dynex TV doesn't show picture

scratch that, I even took the HDMI out, and this time it doesnt show picture either. Just sound. Seriously? Why does this brand exist?

Please use plain text.
JohnCA

I am not familiar with the Dynex TV, but when you say that the HDMI cables are impossible to put in, I am wondering why.

An HDMI cable terminates with a male connector that is more or less rectangular, but the narrower edges slope in slightly, so one face is slightly narrower than the other. If the narrower side is properly aligned with the narrower side of the TV female connection, and is "square" to the female side, the connector should slide in with only a slight resistance, possibly making a 'click' when it is properly home.

If the physical angle or space availability of the connections on the Dynex TV is causing the problem, then that is another story

Please use plain text.
Arthur851

that's not what I meant. I mean The tv is poorly designed so that I have to bend over backwards as well as the tv to get a good view of the hdmi input. 

The problem is that my dynex tv just won't turn on. The sound comes on, but the screen doesnt turn on. I take the hdmi out, still doesnt turn on..... 

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

It is quite possible that in all  of your plugging and unplugging of HDMI cables, you damaged or shorted an HDMI input on your TV.

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Entropy

Sounds like some sort of weird ground loop issue...

And yeah, if there were some sort of ground loop/ground level offset between the xbox and the TV, you could have fried something.

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.
Please use plain text.
notafool4bb

No it isn't anything that he did.  He did not "fry" anything.  DYNEX SUCKS!  There are many forums on how these TVs die.  Its all over the internet.  I am not sure why the first thing you did was to blame the customer.  Especially since this is a KNOWN problem!

Please use plain text.