Add Product

Search Results:

walt43

Connection issues DISH VIP622 DVR, Panasonic TH-50PX60U, Yamaha HTR-6050, Sony Blu-ray BDP-350

I have this equipment connected but I think not optimally. The issue is primarily with the HTR-6050 Yamaha receiver. This receiver looks just like Yamaha RVX561 on the back for those familar with this equipment. The receiver will not pass audio from an HDMI connection, a seperate audio connection is required. The HDMI ports are 1.2a specification capable of repeating 1080p video signal. The receiver has 2 HDMI inputs with 1 HDMI output and 2 optical digital inputs plus 1 coaxial digital input and the host of S-video and component connections.

I have a TOSlink cable running from the DISH VIP 622 DVR to the DTV optical input on the receiver recognized as DTV and HDMI cables flowing from the DVR to the Receiver and on from the receiver to the Panasonic HDTV and from the receiver to the Sony Blu-ray player. I ran a TOSlink cable from the Panasonic HDTV Digital Audio output terminal back to the receiver to insure that any multichannel surround sound coming from the HDTV will pass through. I ran a coaxial connection from the receiver digital input port recognized as DVD into the digital audio out from the Blu-ray player.  I was thinking I need to run the digital output from the HDTV to the DISH VIP 622 DVR instead of into the receiver. What are your thoughts on these connections to optomize performace from this Home Theater system?

I bought all equipment from Best Buy and have learned from reading the messages. Thanks to the participants.

Please use plain text.
Valued Member
EricDJ

Re: Connection issues DISH VIP622 DVR, Panasonic TH-50PX60U, Yamaha HTR-6050, Sony Blu-ray BDP-350

That receiver does not support HDMI audio. It will only pass video through the HDMI. Sounds like you got all the sources hooked up correctly if they all play to the receiver.

Best Buy employee, 15 years selling electronics
Please use plain text.
walt43

Re: Connection issues DISH VIP622 DVR, Panasonic TH-50PX60U, Yamaha HTR-6050, Sony Blu-ray BDP-350

While the system is working, I'm uncertain this is the idea setup. Other comments would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.