Add Product

Search Results:

howard365
Accepted Solution

Changing input to Insignia TV

We have an Insignia TV and when first turning it on used the Setup Wizard to set the input for cable TV. We no longer have the cable and want to reset the TV for use with an indoor rabbit-ears type antenna input but cannot return to the Setup Wizard to make the change. Does anybody know how to get back to the Setup Wizard or make changes without the Wizard? Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Adamtech
Kudos: 166
Solutions: 239

Re: Changing input to Insignia TV

Is there a Menu or Setup button on the remote or side of the TV?

Adam

Best Buy Community - Retail, Americas

Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | Blogging Guidelines

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star under the user's name to show your thanks!

Please use plain text.
mstng87gt
Topics: 61
Kudos: 67
Solutions: 33

What is the model number of the TV.  Usually the  TV's have a Reset for each menu function.

Please use plain text.
howard365

The model number is NS-L42Q-10A. It has an excellent user's manual, which I have read through completely, but can find nothing helpful.
Please use plain text.
howard365

There is a menu button on both the remote and the side of the TV. They produce the same menu: picture, audio, channels, and settings. Choice of settings provides parental controls, closed caption, time, menu settings, input labels, computer settings, and return to default. Menu settings merely gives choices for such inputs as a DVD player, choice of HDMI (there are four) etc but no choice of cable vs antenna. I tried return to default without success. None of these gets one back to the Setup Wizard.
Please use plain text.
BB_Gun

Hi, Howard. Your best bet may be to unplug the TV and leave it unplugged for a bit. Say, while you're gone for work or over a weekend. That might be long enough for it to lose its settings and allow you to start over. Sounds like an unsophisticated solution, but it may be your best option.

-BB_Gun

Please use plain text.
howard365

Thanks, BB, but I already did that and left it unplugged for three days.  In view of your suggestion, I think I'll try it again and leave it a few days longer-- I'm not using it much now anyway. Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
mstng87gt

From what  I just read on your manual, all you have to do is select  channel search and it will come up saying antenna/cable. It said if you do not have cable it will then start searching for available channels.  That should be all you have to do.  Is it not working when you select this?

I found this on page 19 and 20 in your manual.  Look under Auto channel search.  I hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
howard365

Thank you so much, mstng87gt!  I tried this and it does work perfectly.  I had no idea that this could be included under channel search and so had failed to read that page completely. Thanks again and thanks also to all who were so willing to give suggestions.

Please use plain text.
mstng87gt

Glad I was able to help.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.