Add Product

Search Results:

sku
sku

Anyone had a pixel pop, smelled smoke?

Recently, I turned on my year old Samsung 55" LCD, and heard a few pops, that resulted in pixels deadened and vertical lines distorting the screen.  Then I smelled smoke and turned off the TV.  Geek Squad is coming out to look at the TV soon.  Did anyone here ever experience this?  PLEASE let me know.  

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
BBBob

Re: Anyone had a pixel pop, smelled smoke?

I have never experienced what you are saying happened to your TV. I am not a technician either. It does sound serious and you are doing the right thing. Keep it unplugged and turned off until someone qualified can get a look at it. It should be under the Samsung warranty if it is less than a year old. Also do you have the protection plan on the TV?

Please use plain text.
sku
sku

Yes, I have the psp extended plan.  What could have caused the pixel break, a surge within-- is that possible?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
BBBob

When it somes to electronics most anything is possible. A surge is a possibility. It will get fixed and you will be watching TV again in no time.

Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
paulmohr

I don't think a "pixel" popped. I don't really think it works that way. They can go dead though. Sounds more like a capacitor or resistor blew on your board and as a result of that some of your pixels went out. If indeed you do have dead pixels they can't be fixed. They will have to replace your tv if this is the case. If the pixels are just not showing up because of an electronics failure its possible they could come back when its fixed. I don't fix tvs for a living so its hard to say honestly.

In any case I would tell whoever ends up fixing the tv exactly what happened when it went out. This information might save them from actually having to crack the tv open and work on it. They may just scrap it on the spot and replace it.

Please use plain text.