Add Product

Search Results:

Cameroneit

52" Hitachi rear projection HDTV. Horizontal lines near bottom 3rd of screen.

I have a 52" Hitachi HDTV rear projection.  One day last week I turned on the TV to find horizontal lines running across near the bottom 3rd of the TV.  It stopped the other night for about a minute, then went back to the lines.  I've tried disconnecting my cable and trying a DVD and it's still there so I know it's a problem with the TV and not cable.  I unhooked all the cables and rehooked them up and no change.  I've refocused the projection and no change.  Any suggestions?  Should I just get a TV repairman to come out?  Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
BB_Gun

Re: 52" Hitachi rear projection HDTV. Horizontal lines near bottom 3rd of screen.

Hi, Cameroneit. I'm going to assume that you have a CRT rear-projection TV, and that the lines are no specific color. That leads me to believe that the problem is systemic and probably in the power supply. If the TV is the age I suspect it is, then I think it would be to contact a service tech, but you may be asking yourself how much you like that TV and how much it's worth to you.

BB_Gun

Please use plain text.
Cameroneit

Re: 52" Hitachi rear projection HDTV. Horizontal lines near bottom 3rd of screen.

It is 2 years and 2 months old.  Geek Squad wanted $150 to come out...and that wouldn't go toward the repair costs.  I found a local repair shop to come look at it for $35 so we'll see what comes of that.  Would you suggest changing the power supply to see if that works?
Please use plain text.
pjwenti

I have had issues with my T.V. as well. Other than bulb replacement, I have found that most problems are corrected when I unplug the T.V. for about 20 minutes, then plug it back in. The most recent was a audio malfunction that created a very loud static noise, unresponsive to volume control, went through audio menu and turned off speakers. Turned TV on and off with no change. Noise was in all Input modes. Finally, turned it off, waited for the blue lights to stop flashing in order to allow the bulb to cool, then unplugged it for 20 minutes. Plugged it back in and TV was normal. Good luck to you. Paul
Please use plain text.