Add Product

Search Results:

Gatchaman

Anime at Best Buy - a change in store policy?

It appears that recently Best Buy has changed their stocking of anime DVDs in store in that they no longer stock new titles. For example, I am collecting the Gundam Seed Destiny TV movie series of 4 DVD disks. The first 2 of the series were stocked in store. The 3rd and the 4th (which was just released this week) are available on line only. This means that I have the inconvenience of paying shipping.

If this is to be the new policy I will go elsewhere to purchase my DVDs.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case? Can anyone confirm what (if any) new anime DVD releases Best Buy will continue to stock in store?

Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Gatchaman

Re: Anime at Best Buy - a change in store policy?

No answer?

I phoned Best Buy support and the person I spoke to appeared totally clueless (in general).

Then I went into my local Best Buy and found they did not have the DVDs and was told none of the stores had them by the associate who did a check for me in the computer. It simply is not available in stores. The associate did not know why or if there was any policy change. I did notice that the anime selection looked a bit thin with large empty holes in the stock on the shelf. The anime section has been moved of late and now appears to be much smaller. I can only assume that they are either cutting down the in store anime stock or are eliminating it all together?

After that I went to FYE and found they have a good anime selection, including the 2 DVDs I was looking for, at the same discounted price advertised on Best Buy's web site (without paying shipping). The cashier even offered the service of reserving new releases for me.

Guess I will take my business to FYE from now on.

Please use plain text.
Veyron

I believe that Best Buy can order it for you in the store, thus you don't have to pay extra for shipping.  I was looking into this for some of my purchases.
Please use plain text.
AnimeFanatic

I have also noticed the sharp and disappointing drop in anime at my local Best Buy.  I've talked to some friends about it and they've also seen it happen in their areas.  Even just this morning I rushed out to pick up a new release since so few coppies are carried when the title is carried by the store but went home empty handed again. :smileysad: I really don't know why its happening either. It seems that they are continuing to support the HUGE titles that have already established themselves but foregoing the rest.  I don't know if a company buyer just dropped the ball completely on this or what is happening but as a result I've resorted to special ordering most of my anime.  I have bought most of my anime through Best Buy for the last decade but over the last year I have also been forced to look elsewhere.  I hope the problem corrects itself soon through fan request or a change in buyers (I work retail and I've seen buyers sink departments through neglect before) but until then I'll be forced to keep using other sources. 

I've also been unable to get any information about why this is and I really really want to know!

Please if anyone has any info on why this is happening or if it is going to end, let us know.

Thank you

Please use plain text.