Add Product

Search Results:

4d3fect

video card upgrade for Emachines EL1200-01e

Not a gamer, just have 2 displays here, one crt and one LCD (Vizio VX37L) and like to switch between the two occasionally. Looks like you could take out the modem and put in a PCI-E 1x card. Any other info I should be aware of, or any advice anyone would like to offer would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc
Topics: 608
Kudos: 357
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 133

Re: video card upgrade for Emachines EL1200-01e

The power supply in that unit is only 220 watts, and its very hard to come by in that variety of PCI-e x1. If you do find one, chances are it is not going to function in a stable manner. Its also going to cost you a big chunk of money to purchase one as well.

They do sell adapters in the USB variety that allow you to connect an external monitor. I cannot mention any places or brand names here because of the rules on the forums.

Another thing you can try is a VGA splitter. I am a little unclear on its use if you could actually use 2 monitors at once with this or if its just one device or the other.

Hopefully the GS or someone else with the knowledge could chime in with an extra few pointers as well.

*******DISCLAIMER********

I am not an employee of BBY in any shape or form. All information presented in my replies or postings is my own opinion. It is up to you , the end user to determine the ultimate validity of any information presented on these forums.
Please use plain text.
4d3fect

Thanks, I'll keep looking.

Unclear on the USB adapter comment whether you might be referring to a USB to VGA cable?

And the VGA cable splitter is under consideration at the moment actually. Will try to post w/any updates.

Also, where is the info on the power supply from? 

Thanks again! 

Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc
Topics: 608
Kudos: 357
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 133

Its on the Emachines website. They finally posted information about that tower. I was one of the lucky ones to get it under $210 when it first came out. It had a few quirks here and there but I managed to solve them on my own. They need a BIOS upgrade to allow Vista to install properly without special hacks or workarounds.
*******DISCLAIMER********

I am not an employee of BBY in any shape or form. All information presented in my replies or postings is my own opinion. It is up to you , the end user to determine the ultimate validity of any information presented on these forums.
Please use plain text.