Add Product

Search Results:

dragonfire6928

my laptop has a virus, how can i get rid of it?

My laptop has a virus on it and its called AntiVirus 360. I looked up on google what it is and its a virus that disguises itself as a program to help detect viruses when itself is the virus. I've tried many different programs to try and delete it off my computer but nothing seems to work. I also read that sometimes this virus can appear to have been deleted but then when you reboot the computer it re-installs itself. How can I get rid of it completely and permenantly? I have a friend that works at Best Buy and he said you guys could repair it but it costs about $200. I didn't know if there was anything else I could try that you know of. Please help because it keeps messing with my internet pages and is making my computer slower than it should be.

Thank you for your time!

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Starflyer59

Re: my laptop has a virus, how can i get rid of it?

I sent you a private message.

**If you like my answer then click the little Star under my username.
**If my response answered your question then click the Solved button. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor

First thing to look at is how did you get it?
Please use plain text.
RealGeorgeW
Topics: 616
Kudos: 530
Solutions: 310

I would not trust a single link on that website. Don't open it.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Please use plain text.
Jasonmyers1120

you could try a system restore to an earlier date. that won't fully get rid of the Virus but it will avoid it and it gives you time to get better antiVirus protection.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Entropy

dragonfire6928 wrote:

My laptop has a virus on it and its called AntiVirus 360. I looked up on google what it is and its a virus that disguises itself as a program to help detect viruses when itself is the virus. I've tried many different programs to try and delete it off my computer but nothing seems to work. I also read that sometimes this virus can appear to have been deleted but then when you reboot the computer it re-installs itself. How can I get rid of it completely and permenantly? I have a friend that works at Best Buy and he said you guys could repair it but it costs about $200. I didn't know if there was anything else I could try that you know of. Please help because it keeps messing with my internet pages and is making my computer slower than it should be.

Thank you for your time!

Stuff like that is better known as "spyware/malware" - There are categories of malware not consider viruses (although often they are installed by a virus as a larger payload).

I would suggest trying Malwarebytes.  If Malwarebytes can't fix it, your best bet is probably to nuke and repave.  (i.e. backup your data files and then reinstall Windows and all applications from scratch.)

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.
Please use plain text.