Add Product

Search Results:

PAARN

keyloggers

I have recently found a keylogger "prgram" on my hard drive, what id like to know is....How do i get rid of it? Is there a way to find out how or who put it on my computer? and last but not least..How do i know or is there a way to find out where the information is going? (ie: IP address or specific person or email)

Thank you for all ur help

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Starflyer59

Re: keyloggers

Based on my past experiance with keyloggers, the author of the trojan is the only one who can decipher the information.

1. I would try Malwarebytes to get rid of it.

2. You could try doing some research on the keylogger and there is most likely some information out there on the web that will answer your questions.

3, What's the name of the keylogger?

Computer forensics is a career field that I would love to get into. Solving cyber crime just sounds so cool.

**If you like my answer then click the little Star under my username.
**If my response answered your question then click the Solved button. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Entropy

Starflyer59 wrote:

Based on my past experiance with keyloggers, the author of the trojan is the only one who can decipher the information.

1. I would try Malwarebytes to get rid of it.

2. You could try doing some research on the keylogger and there is most likely some information out there on the web that will answer your questions.

3, What's the name of the keylogger?

Computer forensics is a career field that I would love to get into. Solving cyber crime just sounds so cool.

It's possible to find out where it's going, but chances are it's going to some place in Russia or a third-world country.

The chances you were specifically targeted with a keylogger vs. randomly compromised are pretty slim.

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Starflyer59

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure of this users age but there are parents who install keyloggers on their childrens computers to keep an eye on what sites they are visiting and what they are saying in IM or chat rooms.

**If you like my answer then click the little Star under my username.
**If my response answered your question then click the Solved button. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Adamtech
Kudos: 166
Solutions: 239

A lot of well known monitoring software also installs keyloggers. Your best bet may be to restore your computer to factory and start fresh. Be sure to backup your personal files.

Adam

Best Buy Community - Retail, Americas

Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | Blogging Guidelines

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star under the user's name to show your thanks!

Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc
Topics: 593
Kudos: 342
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 130

HiJackThis! Can also detect issues but you have to post logs to a site to get instructions to rid of the issue. 

*******DISCLAIMER********

I am not an employee of BBY in any shape or form. All information presented in my replies or postings is my own opinion. It is up to you , the end user to determine the ultimate validity of any information presented on these forums.
Please use plain text.