Add Product

Search Results:

bladerljd

graphics card

i am looking to buy a new graphics card for my PC, but its still under warentee, does the staff have to put it in or can I do it myself without losing the warentee.

the graphics card i currently have is ATI Radeon HD 4200, looking for a more of a gaming card thats better and affordable.

Please use plain text.
RealGeorgeW
Topics: 616
Kudos: 531
Solutions: 311

Re: graphics card

Please post the brand and model number(usually on the back of your case) so that we can give you the best advice.

Also, what's your maximum budget that you can put into this upgrade?

You can put it in yourself, if you're comfortable doing it, the only caveat is that if the installation damages anything, your warranty won't cover it. I believe, I'll have to check, but if you have GS do it, it's at least partially covered, one of the current Agents will have to chime in on that though.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Please use plain text.
bladerljd

the model is p7 1054. budget is a maximum od 250

Please use plain text.
RealGeorgeW
Topics: 616
Kudos: 531
Solutions: 311

For reference, here's the specs on your computer : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02859337&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en...

For a worthwhile upgrade, you're going to also need to upgrade your power supply.

The card that I'd personally go with : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PNY+-+GeForce+GTX+550Ti+1GB+GDDR5+PCI+Express+Overclocked+Graphics+Card/...

And the PSU that will give you enough juice to power it : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Thermaltake+-+600W+TR2+ATX+Power+Supply/9827268.p?id=1218179699692&skuId...

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Please use plain text.
bladerljd

its an hp pavilion
Please use plain text.
bladerljd

ty for your time

Please use plain text.