Add Product

Search Results:

shadownexus

gateway fpd1775w tft lcd 17" widescreen monitor

i not sure if this is the right place to post my problem i haven't had this monior very long and now it's acting up on me when i go to play dvd or a computer game like yesterday i tried playing world of war craft in fullscreen and the monitor would shut it self off and the only thing you would see is a orange light on the power button and i kept the default resolution of 1280x720

Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
Falco

Re: gateway fpd1775w tft lcd 17" widescreen monitor

That sounds more like a graphics card problem than a moniter problem.  You might want to try a different moniter and see if it still has the same problems and if it does go and buy a new graphics card for your computer.

_______
de omnibus dubitandum
Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc
Topics: 609
Kudos: 357
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 134

I get this question all the time from other people I help out.

What is happening here is that your computer is going into a refresh rate that the monitor cannot handle. 

May I ask if you are using Windows XP or Windows Vista?

*******DISCLAIMER********

I am not an employee of BBY in any shape or form. All information presented in my replies or postings is my own opinion. It is up to you , the end user to determine the ultimate validity of any information presented on these forums.
Please use plain text.
shadownexus

i have windows vista home prem and i bought niviadia geforce 9500 grpahics card my moniter has refresh rate of 60 hertz i was thing my moniter can't handle the new video card

Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc
Topics: 609
Kudos: 357
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 134

What kind of computer do you have , could you share some more details about that? If you are getting a picture just fine on the desktop, its not that. 

*******DISCLAIMER********

I am not an employee of BBY in any shape or form. All information presented in my replies or postings is my own opinion. It is up to you , the end user to determine the ultimate validity of any information presented on these forums.
Please use plain text.
shadownexus

i bought a gateway desktop  i got a package deal where i get a monitor and a free printer i have a gateway gt5404 dual processor 250 gig hardrive and and 1 gig of ram

Please use plain text.
shadownexus

ok my computer has 2 heat sinks and the second heat sink is real close to the pci express slot

Please use plain text.