Add Product

Search Results:

gateway fpd1775w tft lcd 17" widescreen monitor

i not sure if this is the right place to post my problem i haven't had this monior very long and now it's acting up on me when i go to play dvd or a computer game like yesterday i tried playing world of war craft in fullscreen and the monitor would shut it self off and the only thing you would see is a orange light on the power button and i kept the default resolution of 1280x720

Recognized Member

Re: gateway fpd1775w tft lcd 17" widescreen monitor

That sounds more like a graphics card problem than a moniter problem.  You might want to try a different moniter and see if it still has the same problems and if it does go and buy a new graphics card for your computer.

_______
de omnibus dubitandum
Topics: 807
Kudos: 363
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 177

I get this question all the time from other people I help out.

What is happening here is that your computer is going into a refresh rate that the monitor cannot handle. 

May I ask if you are using Windows XP or Windows Vista?

*****DISCLAIMER*****

I am just a volunteer Super User that helps out fellow shoppers on his own time. If you think my post is helpful, you can give kudos to it. Also, if your situation is resolved and you think one of the posts are a right answer, be sure to mark it as solved to help others with the same question / inquiry as you.

i have windows vista home prem and i bought niviadia geforce 9500 grpahics card my moniter has refresh rate of 60 hertz i was thing my moniter can't handle the new video card

Topics: 807
Kudos: 363
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 177

What kind of computer do you have , could you share some more details about that? If you are getting a picture just fine on the desktop, its not that. 

*****DISCLAIMER*****

I am just a volunteer Super User that helps out fellow shoppers on his own time. If you think my post is helpful, you can give kudos to it. Also, if your situation is resolved and you think one of the posts are a right answer, be sure to mark it as solved to help others with the same question / inquiry as you.

i bought a gateway desktop  i got a package deal where i get a monitor and a free printer i have a gateway gt5404 dual processor 250 gig hardrive and and 1 gig of ram

ok my computer has 2 heat sinks and the second heat sink is real close to the pci express slot