Add Product

Search Results:

firestorm

brand new g53 problems

I really need help here any advice would be much appreciated. I recently had my sister purchase an asus g53sx in Florida. It was bought on Monday the sixth of February and delivered that Wednesday. My mom brought it out to me in Jamaica on the twelveth. Here is my problem, first while just using the computer I noticed my screen looked funny (hard to explain), so I rebooted and in rebooting I observed a red startup screen and the windows logo was discoloured (best way I can described it) this went away on its own. Figuring it was just a driver issue I downloaded the latest drivers from the asus website however this didn't help. Now,  I will start to run a game and within 10 to 20 seconds of doing so the screen just gets covered in red pixels, everything that should be black is red. When I close the game it persists and then slowly dissipates. I really do think its a physical problem because whenever this happens if I tap my desk the red specks will flicker. 

My father will be going to Florida in march so, my plan was to have him take the laptop with him so it could be returned to best buy, but I have now learned from reading the bestbuy site that they have a 14 day return policy on computers I obviously wont make that deadline. So, there is my predicament. I really need some advise on this matter. I never for an instant believed they would get me the laptop of my dreams, but they did and now this happens.

Please use plain text.
Geek Squad Agent
AaronE

Re: brand new g53 problems

Did they also get Black Tie Protection on the laptop?

Black Tie Protection would cover reimbursement for an international repair.

Although I am employed by Geek Squad my opinions do not in any way shape or form represent Best Buy's Official stance on matters. My opinions are solely my own.
Please use plain text.
firestorm

i don't know if they did that I'll have to ask. However, i am really concerned about the question u asked, is my only option some kind of repair? Don't i deserve a unit free of defects out of the box?

Please use plain text.
RealGeorgeW
Topics: 605
Kudos: 529
Solutions: 308

Deserve? Sure, but this is the world of electronics where things can/do break or become defective.

Repair is the only option internationally.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Please use plain text.