Add Product

Search Results:

mjnoles1

What new laptops are coming to Best Buy soon (June or early July)?

Anyone have confirmations or rumors of what new laptops are coming soon to BestBuy?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
SlimJim77

Re: What new laptops are coming to Best Buy soon (June or early July)?

The exact specs of such products are usually kept close-to-vest. It's fun to speculate, though...

Let the spec begin!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclosure: Former BBY employee.
Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
Markus

Although we can not release an exact manifest, it's public knowledge that most of the new laptops will come with an i3 intel processor standard (with many i5 and AMD equivs mixed in) and many of the new models will have the wireless display option that 3 of our current models have.

Looking for something new? The week of June 13th-19th should give you a lot of good new choices.

Although I do work for Best Buy, my views on this website do not reflect the company's position on any topic.
Please use plain text.
mjnoles1

"Markus" Please read my comments below :smileyhappy:

That is the exact news I was hoping for. I had one of the 3 blue label laptops with the Intel Wireless Display (Dell 1569). I Loved everything about it, except it was garbage. I had 3 of them. First one, the Media Center crashed and GeekSquad couldnt fix it, second one came with a squeaky mouse button and they replaced it again, and  for the third and the worst one. The Wi-Fi card actually burnt and melted the bottom of my laptop plastic (left an indention of my finger print on the bottom of the laptop. Thank goodness, even though the laptop was 2 months old, the manager gave me a full refund in the form of a gift card.)

So, I am basically looking for the same exact type of laptop, but would actually be reliable. The Dell had the Wi-DI, an I5 processor, lighted keyboard, and a lot of other extras. Should we expect to see something compariable coming in that time frame that you mentioned?

Also, not to question your timeframe. but from looking at Intels website, it stated that the 3 blue label laptops that came with the WI-DI (Intel Wireless Display) would start to be at Best Buy stores by January 17th and with them having a 6 month exclusive contract on that technology. Wouldn't that mean that there would not being any new Intel Wireless Display Technology laptops until atleast June 17th?

Lastly, any new laptops coming in that timeframe or a little later (a couple weeks or so) that would be equipped with Nvidia Optimus graphics card? As I read and saw a youtube video showing that the Nvidia Optimus graphics card actually work with the Intel Wireless Display Technology.

Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
Markus

June 17th sounds like it could be an accurate date to me. The only issue is, I rarely see products release on a thursday. Usually it's either Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, but you could be very right.

From what I know of the new manifest, almost every manufactorer has a wireless display option within their respective lineups. So if you're an hp fan, I know they have one or two coming. Love the reliabilitiy of the Asus models? I know they have one listed as well.

I'm quite excited for the reboot myself. It's always really cool to see new, more advanced models come into the store, while retailing at the same price as the computers they replace! Also, my location is gaining an apple retail spot, should be fun.

Although I do work for Best Buy, my views on this website do not reflect the company's position on any topic.
Please use plain text.
mjnoles1

"Markus" Please look again....Thank you, Thank you :smileyhappy:

I am sorry for the constant responses lol. But, I really, really been looking forward to new models with WI-DI on them. And The reason for my response, I didn't want to bring up specific brands in the first question but since you brought them up:

I really, really want an Asus as I heard, nothing but good things about their reliability. You heard that Asus is coming out in the time-frame that you mentioned with a Wi-DI equipped laptop? If so, is it I5 equipped, lighted keyboard equipped?

Thank you so much for the insight.

Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
Markus

You know, I would tell you if I knew the specifics. I just have done a vague overview of the list, but I would bet you the entire fleet will be available to the public (information wise) by friday or saturday.

Please use plain text.
mjnoles1

Now, I am finally excited :smileyhappy:

Where would the public look, on Friday or Saturday,  to find the complete information of the entire fleet of new laptops that are coming to Best Buy very soon?

Thanks again :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
Markus

It is very likely that they will list the models on BestBuy.com before they end up releasing in stores. That is a very common practice.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
SlimJim77

Markus wrote:

You know, I would tell you if I knew the specifics. I just have done a vague overview of the list, but I would bet you the entire fleet will be available to the public (information wise) by friday or saturday.

Markus, if you do indeed work for Best Buy, I would encourage you NOT to discuss any specific info that you acquire about future releases. Just not a good idea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclosure: Former BBY employee.
Please use plain text.