Add Product

Search Results:

scottg

Tablet to Run excel

Anyone have a recommendation on a tablet to run excel sheets on.  More for viewing than creation.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

Re: Tablet to Run excel

The iPad has Numbers, an app for spreadsheet creation and viewing.  It will read excel formatted files.

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
RedWyv3
Topics: 292
Kudos: 195
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 80

Most Android based tablets will be able to run Google Docs, which makes concerted effort to update itself regularly to ensure compatability and ease of use. That's at docs.google.com on your tablet. This is ideal if you're always connected or wish to work on it on multiple machines. It is not ideal if you are not often connected / often encounter dead spots in connectivity (say at a work site).

There are many 'offline' solutions for spreadsheets available on all sides of the tablet fence - be it Apple's Ipad (iOS), HP Tablet series, Android Based tablets, or other.

s.gifI am a Bestbuy employee who volunteers on these boards on my own time. I am not paid for posting here, and you should understand that my opinions are exactly that - opinions. I do not represent Bestbuy in any way.
: Open Mailbox
Please use plain text.
RedWyv3

I wasn't as clear as I could of been. Google Docs was offered as a solution because it can open .doc (Microsoft Excel) files, as well as a variety of others. This would suit your need for viewing documents via a tablet interface.

s.gifI am a Bestbuy employee who volunteers on these boards on my own time. I am not paid for posting here, and you should understand that my opinions are exactly that - opinions. I do not represent Bestbuy in any way.
Please use plain text.
RedWyv3

.. and yet again, a correction. Microsoft Excel documents are actually .xls or similar. .doc is a Microsoft Word document, I mixed them up in the above posting. Google Docs is capable of opening both.

Please use plain text.