Add Product

Search Results:

arbow

Plugged In, Not Charging

Bear with me...I'm the least technical person there is   

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 - 14 Months Old.   Warranty Expired.

Just yesterday,  It was charging & holding charge normally.    All of a sudden today I have 0%,Plugged In, Not Charging.       

There seems to be many of these on the Dell boards just after the 12 month mark.    Most required a new motherboard...some just a new battery.      Is there a cheap/easy  way to tell which one?    Can I take it to my local Best Buy for them to check.....what will it cost me?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Starflyer59

Re: Plugged In, Not Charging

Is there a green light on the power adapter?

If your getting a not plugged in and not charging message then it is most likely the power port on your laptop. This would require a new motherboard or sometimes you can purchase the power module and have someone solder it onto the motherboard.

**If you like my answer then click the little Star under my username.
**If my response answered your question then click the Solved button. Thanks

Please use plain text.
xoannaxo946

Re: Plugged In, Not Charging

I had the same proble with my laptop and I brought it to Best Buy to see if it's possible to fix it. It turned out that there was a problem with the battery in my laptop, not with the charger. In Best Buy, proffesionals took care of my case and fixed my laptop. Even though it was about 3 years old, It still charges perfectly. I think that you should fix it now before it's too late. Maybe you will have to pay a lot, but trust me, it is better to pay now when there is only one problem than pay twice as much later, when the one problem turns into more.
Please use plain text.