Add Product

Search Results:

Kennyp

New hp Pavilion dv7 won't power up

I just purchased a new hp Pavilion dv7-6c95dx last week and now I can't get it to power up even when the power cable is connected to it.  The only light that comes on is an orange or red light where the power cable connects to it.  Any suggestions as to whats wrong?

Please use plain text.
NinjaPlease

Re: New hp Pavilion dv7 won't power up

Kennyp wrote:

I just purchased a new hp Pavilion dv7-6c95dx last week and now I can't get it to power up even when the power cable is connected to it.  The only light that comes on is an orange or red light where the power cable connects to it.  Any suggestions as to whats wrong?

Hmm.. I experienced this once. I accidently touched the metal part inside of the USB slot with my microphone jack (its built very close to it) and the computer just shut off and wouldnt turn on.

How I fixed it...

I removed the battery and adapter so there was no power supply to the notebook. I held the power button down for 60 seconds to drain any remaining battery. I put the battery back in and then plugged in the adapter. I held the power button down again for 5 seconds and it started. If this doesnt help, i don't know what will.

Please use plain text.
MajorRocker

Re: New hp Pavilion dv7 won't power up

Could be the battery.  Try removing the battery and just plug in the AC power.  If it boots up, you know your battery is shot.

Please use plain text.