Add Product

Search Results:

cricketdog
Accepted Solution

Laptop for 12 year old

I am looking to purchase a laptop for my 12 year old granddaughter. She will use it for school and wants to be able to play Sims games.  I am at a loss as to which one to buy.  I went to the local Best Buy here and was given different answers as to which model. I will be buying it on line and having it shipped to California. Price if possible under $800.00

Thanks  

Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc
Topics: 599
Kudos: 348
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 131

Re: Laptop for 12 year old

For a laptop in that price range, it will have no issues playing Sims 1 and 2 , but for Sims 3 you will have to dig deeper into your pocket beyond that price range for a laptop that can play it.

*******DISCLAIMER********

I am not an employee of BBY in any shape or form. All information presented in my replies or postings is my own opinion. It is up to you , the end user to determine the ultimate validity of any information presented on these forums.
Please use plain text.
Vendor Participant
Drew-Intel

hi cricketdog, and welcome to the forums. hockey is right in that finding a laptop that can do some more recent games for the price range you're looking at is somewhat difficult, but it can definitley be done.

out of curiousity, do you remember (or have written down) the models that the store associates had recommended to you?

i found this laptop while browsing the best buy website ...

* hp pavillion dv5-1099nr: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9390802&type=product&id=1218097993447

i think it's a pretty good deal. the machine comes with 4gb of system memory (so windows should be snappy), a 320gb hard drive (so she has room for all her school work and any media like pictures that she may have), a discrete graphics card (so she should be able to play all of the Sims games rather smoothly), and an intel core 2 duo processor (so she has the computing performance to do everything from games to school work and more).

let me know what you think of the hp. i'd be happy to help you find the right machine for your situation.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
SlimJim77

If you're willing to spend at least $800, hustle up $200 more for the HP HDX 16-1375DX | SKU: 9376766 .

If she's responsible(and a cutie pie) it will be money well spent. Then she can play the Sims 3 and be merry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclosure: Former BBY employee.
Please use plain text.
cricketdog

Thank you, That was what I was expecting.

Cricketdog

Please use plain text.
cricketdog

I will go back to best buy and see if they have this laptop. I will respond when I come back.

Cricketdog

Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc
Topics: 599
Kudos: 348
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 131

Before you make  trip and they might not have it (gas is expensive) use the online store locator on each product page to determine if an item is in stock or not.

*******DISCLAIMER********

I am not an employee of BBY in any shape or form. All information presented in my replies or postings is my own opinion. It is up to you , the end user to determine the ultimate validity of any information presented on these forums.
Please use plain text.
cricketdog

Thanks for all of your help.  We purchased a Dell inspiron 15 laptop, with all of the bells and whistles.  I went back to bestbuy and still received different answers, so I called dell and they set up the machine the way my Granddaughter needs.  I hope, I will be back looking for answers.

Thanks again Cricketdog

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Starflyer59

Buying directly from Dell was a very good buying decision. Congrats on the new laptop. :smileyhappy:

**If you like my answer then click the little Star under my username.
**If my response answered your question then click the Solved button. Thanks

Please use plain text.