Add Product

Search Results:

adrianmole
Accepted Solution

How long does it usually take to ship a laptop

Hi

I ordered a Dell studio xps 16 laptop this morning. I'm pretty excited on getting this machine. The order receipt said that it usually takes 0-1 days to ship this item. I just wanted some feedback on the average time it takes for best buy to ship a laptop. I chose express shipping so if they ship it out today I have a good chance of getting it on Friday. That'll make my weekend :smileyhappy:) Think thats possible?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
adrianmole

Re: How long does it usually take to ship a laptop

Yay!!! Just got an email saying that my order is packed and ready to ship. I just hope UPS picks it up soon and delivers it by Friday :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
thunder2132

It's UPS ground shipping, so expect a 5-7 day delivery time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, but hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish...and his wife!
My views may not represent the views of my employer, Best Buy.
Please use plain text.
adrianmole

As I said in my earlier message, I chose Express shipping. Its a second business day air delivery and based on the tracking information I got from UPS, it should be here on Friday :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
adrianmole

WOW! just checked back the order status and the delivery date is of tomorrow....yaayyyyy!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Status:In Transit - On Time Scheduled Delivery Date:11/12/2009Shipped To:ATLANTA, GA, USShipped/Billed On:11/11/2009Type:smileytongue:ackage

Please use plain text.
adrianmole

I got my laptop earlier today and am loving it :smileyvery-happy:

Thought I'd share a quick review based on the couple of hours I've spend using it. Hope it helps someone make their buying decision. First off, the heating issue that you keep hearing all over the various forums is totally over rated. It may have to do with my thicker skin :smileytongue: but after playing MS flight simulator X for a couple of hours, the laptop only got moderately hot. It wasn't uncomfortable to touch and the core temperature was well under 90 degrees. The one they have on offer here at bestbuy doesn't have the leather trim. I didn't know that so was a little disappointed but not really a deal breaker. Watch out for youtube reviews once I get to use it a bit more.

Please use plain text.
nekomec

it says that my package is in the process of being fulfilled, but it has been like that for three days.

your tracking needs to be more specific. 

i want results when i log on every day or every couple of hours to check of my package status has changed.

your system is lacking, inadequate, and uninformative.

you seem to have a large quantity of people who have noticed, i your message boards are any clue!

all i want to know is:

-have your sent the item that takes 0-1 days to ship?

-how long does it take to call a store and check if they have a laptop?

-how long does it take to process the order for that?

-does it take so much work to change a status of your tracking (tracking should be updated constantly, because it is TRACKING the package)

-will i even see these items before december 20th?

i have to celebrate christmas early and these were supposed to be a super special gift for my mom.  from reading your message board it doesn't look like it will make it in time!

if you have this much trouble with tacking your orders, you should just send it and give a usable tacking number for ups or fedex so the customer can check.

every time i try and submit this email (i tried contacting you by email first, but i was forced to sign up for this to get any response), all i get is a blank page.  so BRAVO on the website.  I am aggravated because i diligently check this site (having to re-login every couple of hours, even when it has been less then 30 minutes) and see no change day to day.

i know that change wont happen in a couple of hours, but i at least think, something will FINALLY change if i press the button now. nothing has!  i wouldn't have this problem if you were more informative.

Please use plain text.