Add Product

Search Results:

Disowned122

How good is this Laptop?

Im looking for a new laptop because I will be starting college in a few months. Im looking for a good school computer but also a good gaming one for my spare time as well. This is the laptop I was looking at:

HP - 15.6" Pavilion Laptop - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive

SPECS:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+15.6%22+Pavilion+Laptop+-+6GB+Memory+-+750GB+Hard+Drive+-+Steel+Gra... 

Here's the website for the specs because of the quantity of material in it, it would be to much for me to write down.

But I can say that it has a 2.5GHz processor, 16GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive Size, AMD Radeon HD 6620G graphics, Up to 3061MB video memory, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, ETC!!!

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

Re: How good is this Laptop?

This computer, although a good one, has integrated graphics that uses shared system RAM for video memory.  As such, it will not be a great gaming machine. It will perform superbly for your school work and realted functions, but gaming will not be as good.  It does have a very good processor and a good graphics solution, but it is integrated graphics and not discrete.

A very good all round laptop, just not a great gaming machine.  Casual gaming will be pretty good, but running the latest games at high rame rates probably isn't going to happen. 

If you can live with that, it is a good deal.

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Disowned122

Thank you for your input! I greatly appreciate it! What other type of laptop would you prefer. I can up my budget to mabye an additional $100-150 on top of that
Please use plain text.
Disowned122

Could you refer any specific type? Just so I can get an idea of what I'm looking for. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Disowned122

Also here is an Acer i found for $900...i bit over my price range but I will see!

Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Acer+-+17.3%22+Laptop+-+6GB+Memory+-+750GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/4776272.p?...

Sorry for so many comments....

Please use plain text.