Add Product

Search Results:

tahiasyeda

Hardware problems and warranty confusions

Hello, I have bought A HP Pavilion DMS Addax last year in early April. A few days ago I was facing some problems with it, the DVD/CD drive is not working and I cannot play any DVD/CD's nor can I burn any DVD/CDs. Then just yesterday the wifi was giving me some problems, the white light on the wifi button shows that it is on, but it only shows the red light now, I can't get it to become white (wifi is not working) so I bought this notebook about A year ago, I have the original receipts but where do I check to see if my warranty is still valid? And if it is, what are the available options for me to get these problems fixed on my laptop? 

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
AaronE

Re: Hardware problems and warranty confusions

What was the purchase date on the receipt?

Did you get Black Tie Protection on this computer? It would show on the receipt with a line that has BTP in it.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

You have a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer.  If you are under 1 year since date of purchase, then contact HP and arrange to have the unit sent back to them for repair.

This link will help resolve any questions you may have regarding warranty repairs:

http://h40059.www4.hp.com/warranty/information/faq.php

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Vendor Participant
SoMeAm-HP

Hello Tahia,

Sorry to hear about your DVD and wifi challenges.  As NoNoBaddog indicates, "You have a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer.  If you are under 1 year since date of purchase, then contact HP and arrange to have the unit sent back to them for repair."  If you are still under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty and need assistance getting your computer repaired, please send me your contact information and product number and serial number via Best Buy's private email or via PSGSocialMedia@hp.com, attn: Priscilla.

Regards,

Priscilla, HP Social Media Ambassador
Please use plain text.