Add Product

Search Results:

authonysmith

HP MINI 1000 Upgrade with 1.8" ZIF SSD

The time came for my slow and rusty notebook to have a new hard drive. after googled. finally I went for a Renice K3E SSD 120GB from B2CIT.com last week, and got it just in 3 days after payment.

Replaced the HDD by myself then.

Take out the battery before disassemble the unit.

Posted Image

Flash memory port in the bottom position
Posted Image

Disassembled HP Mini 1000

Posted Image

take down the keyboard

Before this, please remove the 2 screws in the battery port.

Posted Image

Then turn over the LCD screen to take out the keyboard.
(We suggest start from the middle upper position, there are 2 small locks states in the right/left side to withstand each side, you can prize it up by a card. Finally push the 2 locks beneath the keyboard to take it out.)

Posted Image

After taking out the keyboard, you will find the keyboard is connected by a thin flat cable, don’t push it by force.
Beneath the keyboard is metal shelter.

Posted Image

After taking out the shelter, you will see the hard disk.

Posted Image

taking out the HDD, and replace it by an SSD.

After fully taking out the keyboard, you can see a 1.8 inch 60GB HDD in the upper right position. Remove the 2 screws besides the HDD, and then take out the HDD. The HDD is protected well by a metal board.

Posted Image

Posted Image 
Posted Image

Posted Image

You can see the HDD is fixed by a metal shelf. (Notice: if replace the HDD, it will damage the warranty label. )

Posted Image

Now, let us take a look at the original Toshiba HDD and Renice K3E SSD which we will use it for replacement.

Posted Image

Install the SSD into the metal shelf will avoid warranty, but this makes the SSD fixed steadily in the MINI 1000.

Posted Image

When you are going to install the SSD into MINI 1000, you will find a lock in the hard disk port which makes you hard to fix the SSD well. (According to my experience, we should insert the SSD together with the ZIF cable into the ZIF connector on the main board, but don’t lock it tightly, then move the SSD slowly to the right position, after making sure the SSD and the ZIF cable in the main board side are on the right position, you can lock the ZIF connector on the main board tightly. )
Now let us take a look for the performance test comparison for TOSHIBA HDD 60GB and Renice K3E SSD 120GB:
CrystalDiskMark .

Posted ImagePosted Image
TOSHIBA HDD 60GB               Renice K3E SSD 120GB

ATTO Bench32
Posted ImagePosted Image
TOSHIBA HDD 60GB Renice    K3E SSD 120GB

Microsoft Score Comparison:
2G DDR + 60G 4200rpm Toshiba HDD, WIN7, Microsoft score for HDD: 4.6
2G DDR + 120G Renice K3E SSD, WIN7, Microsoft score for HDD: 5.9
After install Win7 SP1 + Office 2007, the system boot takes 10 seconds now.

Please use plain text.
Vendor Participant
SoMeAm-HP

Re: HP MINI 1000 Upgrade with 1.8" ZIF SSD

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your excellent documentation.  It will be useful for other customers!!!

Regards,

Priscilla,
HP Social Media Ambassador

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.

Priscilla, HP Social Media Ambassador
Please use plain text.
authonysmith

Re: HP MINI 1000 Upgrade with 1.8" ZIF SSD

tks for ur reply. happy if can be useful to other HP users.
Please use plain text.