Add Product

Search Results:

DLD
DLD

HP ENVY 700-074 and Windows 8

Is this the 32 or 64 bit version of Windows 8?

Please use plain text.
RealGeorgeW
Topics: 614
Kudos: 528
Solutions: 310

Re: HP ENVY 700-074 and Windows 8

It has 12GB of RAM, so it has to be 64-bit.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Please use plain text.
DLD
DLD

Thanks.. The Best Buy associates at my local store had no clue.
Please use plain text.
deusexmachina
Kudos: 60
Solutions: 81

I'll be honest... I don't think I've seen a computer that had a 32bit Windows 8 install yet.
-
Although I do work for the Geek Squad, all comments and opinions are my own.
Please use plain text.
RealGeorgeW
Topics: 614
Kudos: 528
Solutions: 310

With pretty much all but the lowest end machines having multicore CPU's, x86 is becoming obsolete lol

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Please use plain text.
Vendor Participant
SoMeAm-HP

DLD, thanks for your inquiry and to the experts here for their responses.  I've found the following Microsoft document useful in responding to yours and similar inquiries.  See here.  Unlike some references, this document has an embedded tool that will automatically detect whether your computer has a 32 bit or 64 bit Windows.  It told me that mine was a 64 bit.  The document also has instructions for manually determining this.  Let us know if you have other questions.

Priscilla, HP Social Media Ambassador
Please use plain text.