Add Product

Search Results:

xpufssx

Does best buy Install Graphics Card/Power Supply Units

Does best buy Install Graphics Card/Power Supply Units?

I recently bought a Nvidia Geforce 9800GT And a 600 WAT power supply unit and i wanted to know if i can take my computer to best buy and have them install it  for me?

Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc
Topics: 617
Kudos: 364
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 135

Re: Does best buy Install Graphics Card/Power Supply Units

Yes, they do install them. GeekSquad.com can give you a price range of what to expect. 

*******DISCLAIMER********

I am not an employee of BBY in any shape or form. All information presented in my replies or postings is my own opinion. It is up to you , the end user to determine the ultimate validity of any information presented on these forums.
Please use plain text.
xpufssx

Wat do you mean GeekSquad can i not just take it to any BestBuy and have someone already there install them for me?

Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc

Best Buy GeekSquad does the installation of computer peripherals in-store and their fees vary based on the services you want to have performed on your computer, it is not included in the price of what you bought.

I am not an employee of BBY in any shape or form. All information presented in my replies or postings is my own opinion. It is up to you , the end user to determine the ultimate validity of any information presented on these forums.
Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc

FYI  - Geek Squad is Best Buy's technical service and repair center for computer. To my knowledge you cannot visit a Best Buy store without noticing one.

Please use plain text.
xpufssx

Ok im going to go and contact the geek squad online and tell me wat they will be charging :smileyhappy: Thank you

Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc

It is most likely going to be a reasonable price because its a hardware upgrade, its better to have an expert do it if you are not comfortable doing it yourself, rather then you doing it yourself and causing hundreds of dollars of damage in the end :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
xpufssx

Yes you are absoloutley right 1000% 

i was thinking the same thing when i was going to look up a youtube video on how to install a Power Supply Unit into a computer then i thought this might be dangerous and if i plug in a cord where it is not suppose to it can fry my computer

Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc

All you need to do now is call your local Best Buy and connect you to the GS department and they can advise you from there! Good Luck!

Please use plain text.
Community Veteran
Nokia

Of course, depending on where you live, you may not want to do it right now. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.