Add Product

Search Results:

skel128

Does Best Buy buy computers?

I currently have two computers, and I wish to sell one of them. Can Best Buy it from me or must I seek elsewhere?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

Re: Does Best Buy buy computers?

You realize that your used comnputers would be worth bery little, do you not?  Depreciation on computers occurs much faster than on most other consumer goods like cars, etc.  If your computers are morfe than 6 months old, they are not worth very much, compared to what you paid for them. 

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
skel128

its alright to me, just need to get rid of it. Or are there other places?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

Sorry; first sentence should read "very", not "bery".

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
skel128

but my question is, WILL they buy it from me?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

No.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Entropy

How old are they?

Personally I suggest donation to charity.  By the time I get rid of a machine, the value is so little that it's not worth the time to try and get money for it - so I donate or Freecycle it.

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.
Please use plain text.
Vendor Participant
SoMeAm-HP

Hi,

I have also donated my computers.  Some charities have funds and volunteers to upgrade older models for use in countries where even some of the older models are appreciated and put to good use.

Priscilla

Priscilla, HP Social Media Ambassador
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
Yellowsubmarine

Best buy does do I trade-in on laptops if you bought it from them and have a receipt (and no its not buy back).
As a former employee of Best Buy my opinions are my opinions, and not those of Best Buy.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
Yellowsubmarine

For desktops: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculator.cfm?level=1&value=9&level2=167

For laptops: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculator.cfm?level=2&value=166

As a former employee of Best Buy my opinions are my opinions, and not those of Best Buy.
Please use plain text.