Add Product

Search Results:

sumrlax

Connection between power cord and computer isn't working , computer won't charge!!!!!!

The cord that I plug in to my computer is not working properly.  It will still connect to the computer but no battery or power will be tansferred into the computer and now my computer has died and it is impossible to charge it.  Is it possible to fix this?
Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc
Topics: 633
Kudos: 374
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 138

Re: Connection between power cord and computer isn't working , computer won't charge!!!!!!

Its very possible your motherboard has died, therefore the only way to fix this is to replace the motherboard.

While its not very likely the case here, you might want to see if you can try another AC Adapter designed for your computer to see if thats the culprit, if not then the first idea I had is dead on.

*******DISCLAIMER********

I am not an employee of BBY in any shape or form. All information presented in my replies or postings is my own opinion. It is up to you , the end user to determine the ultimate validity of any information presented on these forums.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Starflyer59

Re: Connection between power cord and computer isn't working , computer won't charge!!!!!!

I agree with hockey.

It would be one of two things.

1. Power Adapter is bad Solution: Purchase a new power adapter

2. Power module that is part of the motherboard is bad. Solution: Have the motherboard replaced or buy a new computer.

How old is the computer?

**If you like my answer then click the little Star under my username.
**If my response answered your question then click the Solved button. Thanks

Please use plain text.
sumrlax

The computer is only three years old I think, maybe four.  It used to be that I could plug the cord into the computer and press it down or put pressure on it in a certain position and it would still work, but now I can't get it to charge at all.  Maybe that will help.

and thanks for the help 

Please use plain text.
Matthew-GS
Topics: 37
Kudos: 61
Solutions: 17

Welcome, sumrlax!

Thank you for posting your question.  I just wanted to clarify these possibilities are correct and to add that sometimes it is only a matter of having that AC power jack re-soldered onto the motherboard; especially when you indicate having to hold/push it just-right.  I cannot guarantee this is what your system needs but it is worth at least getting an estimate.  

Also, see this: 

YouTube - Fabio Solders at Geek Squad City

(Not as easy as it looks... is it true he has an EE degree or something similar?)

Matthew|Community Advocate | Best Buy® CorporateVisit our Channel on
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor

I had this problem with my Toshiba. The power adapter is a two part thing: one part is the cord that plugs into the computer, and the transformer. The other part is the cord that goes from the transformer to the wall. I would have to have the cord sitting just so if I wanted it to charge. Well, I replaced the cord going from the wall to the transformer, and guess what: problem's gone.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor

Matthew-GS wrote:

Welcome, sumrlax!

Thank you for posting your question.  I just wanted to clarify these possibilities are correct and to add that sometimes it is only a matter of having that AC power jack re-soldered onto the motherboard; especially when you indicate having to hold/push it just-right.  I cannot guarantee this is what your system needs but it is worth at least getting an estimate.  

Also, see this: 

YouTube - Fabio Solders at Geek Squad City(Not as easy as it looks... is it true he has an EE degree or something similar?)

I like this one better. Fabio reciting C++? Classic.

Please use plain text.
luis

thank you for posting this question mine has the exact same problem and is also 4 years old...how did u solve the problem if solved?
Please use plain text.
luis

i would rather not try it and risk my life to fix my computer jeje
Please use plain text.
GadgetMan

There i deleted it, i dont want someone get hurt and blame me later...hahahah
Please use plain text.