Add Product

Search Results:

V8KILLR

Chromebook - How to work around being unable to install software?

Hello,

I'm researching the Chromebook as a replacement for my wife's laptop, which its replacement is vastly overdue.  I'm really interested in getting feedback regarding how it operates without being able to install programs.  My wife's main concern is that she won't have workarounds or it will be cumbersome to maintain the same functionality of her current laptop.  Specifically of note, she’s really worried about not being able to download from her cameras, a Canon SLR 60D and a point & shoot.  How will she be able to do this?  Has anyone had any major conceptual holes in this product?  Overall impression / open-end feedback?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Jason

Please use plain text.
xberx

Re: Chromebook - How to work around being unable to install software?

Hey V8KILLR, nice to meet you!

Just want to tell you that Chrome OS is a great operating system that gets updates all the time. Although it's a geat operating system, it's also still growing and a lot of the things users expect out of computer just aren't there for Chrome OS just yet.

I've been using Chrome OS for about 3 years now, I actually have one of the first BETA models ever created and it's still chugging along keeping up with software updates.

The comptuer will get you through the day of basic needs such as web surfing, simple file editing (including spreadsheets and such) and simple photoshopping and gaming.

Most computers have either USB ports or MicroSD slots meaning you CAN transfer pictures and such into the computer as long as the camera allows you to access it's files via USB without installing any additional software or drivers.

All purchases made at best buy have a 30 Day money back guarantee with a NO HASSTLE policy as long as it's within the first 30 days.

They really are a great computers at a great price so I would recommend trying it for at least a week, if she doesn't like it she could return it and find another laptop.

It never hurts to try something new, she may fall in love!

Feel free to ask any specific questions you or your wife may have.

Will help as best I can!
Although I am a GeekSquad agent, all replies and contributions are my own and should no resolutions offered, advice, or remakars be held accountable by BestBuy or GeekSquad.
Please give feedback / kudos if I helped you resolve your problems
Thank You
Please use plain text.
RealGeorgeW
Topics: 617
Kudos: 535
Solutions: 313

*15 day.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Please use plain text.
xberx

It has been extended to 30 days, and 60 days for RZ Silver.

Source link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Topics/Returning-Online-Purchases/pcmcat260800050014.c?id=pcmcat260...
Will help as best I can!
Although I am a GeekSquad agent, all replies and contributions are my own and should no resolutions offered, advice, or remakars be held accountable by BestBuy or GeekSquad.
Thank You
Please use plain text.
xberx

And RealGeorgeW I love youe Apple pun. :smileyhappy:

Will help as best I can!
Thank You
Please use plain text.
RealGeorgeW
Topics: 617
Kudos: 535
Solutions: 313

"Starting March 3, 2013"..."The "Return and Exchange" period is being cut in half to 15 days from its previous length of 30 days. All returns will still require a receipt and I.D., plus Reward Zone Premier Silver members will retain their 60-day return eligibility. "

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-buy-new-price-matching-policy-2013-2#ixzz2LJVWCjoz

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Please use plain text.
xberx

It's not March 3rd yet, and if he buys it before that date he still gets 30 days for the refund.

Will help as best I can!
Thank You
Please use plain text.