Add Product

Search Results:

lacounce

Accident Insurance and LapTop

my daughter bought a lap top and paid for the accident insurance.  Needless to say it was severly damaged.  When she bought the lap top they gave her no discs (windows vista), repair department called last night and said her computer was ready.  She went to pick it up and now there is no software on it.  They told her she should have made reboot discs from the original computer and want her to pay $130 for a new Vista disc?  Does this sound right.  I am going back to the store with her this evening and want to have my ducks in a row before I take the manager's head off.

Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc
Topics: 598
Kudos: 347
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 130

Re: Accident Insurance and LapTop

This is a common practice now with all laptop computers. When I see people buy laptops, I strongly encourage them to buy blank DVD media (blank cd media if there is no dvd burner) because you have to create these discs yourself. If you call the manufacturer of the laptop, and explain to them what happened, they usually will send you these discs free of charge.

Let me know the manufacturer of your laptop and I can proceed to help you out in the right direction for getting recovery discs for your computer.

*******DISCLAIMER********

I am not an employee of BBY in any shape or form. All information presented in my replies or postings is my own opinion. It is up to you , the end user to determine the ultimate validity of any information presented on these forums.
Please use plain text.
lacounce

It is a HP.  Thanks for your help.  I am still hoping for some resolution at the store this evening.
Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc
Topics: 598
Kudos: 347
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 130

HP Customer service is great - Just click the link below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us

Enter your make and model of your laptop and there will be a section it will take you to order recovery cd's It shouldnt cost you more then $15 for them. If you are still under warranty from HP, these discs should be free.

*******DISCLAIMER********

I am not an employee of BBY in any shape or form. All information presented in my replies or postings is my own opinion. It is up to you , the end user to determine the ultimate validity of any information presented on these forums.
Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
u_hsen

most  people don't know how to create restore cds and they refuse to pay the $39.99 have geek squad install for them. this is why they end up getting charged more later on.
Please use plain text.
lacounce

No resolution at the store level but called HP and they are sending her a new disc for free - she did have to pay for shipping.
Please use plain text.