Add Product

Search Results:

shungujs88

Re: iPhone 4S pre-order

yeah exactly I ordered my iphone on 10/16/2011 and finally cancelled my pre order with best buy last week. (One of the greatest feeling might I add) They gave me my refund and I ordered from apple.com and the phone will be here this friday. 

Please use plain text.
stormy3000

Apple protection plan doesn't cover as much as BBY. That's the main reason why I got my phone through BBY. Long story short I had a iPhone that was having issues with volume buttons getting stuck. I brought it into Apple and they look at the bottom of the iPhone looking at the the white strip was red and told me that I was SOL. Since then I been buying my iPhones through BBY. 

Please use plain text.
kidneynurse05

My husband and I ordered our phones on 10/9/11. Heard nothing from BB but the excuses already mentioned here. Finally, last night, my husband had enough and started calling around BB stores. Found the phones at a store 3 hours away- and this store didn't even have any preorders for the models we ordered, but they received phones anyway. Long story short, husband took a road trip, picked up the phones (they held them for us as long as he could make it there before closing-he did...barely). None the less we now have our phones.

Employees at that store were very nice, and very honest. They informed my husband that if you don't receive your phone this week from BB, probably won't...or at least not until after the new year. They also confirmed that those people receiving the "special order" email will get another one about a week later telling them their order is cancelled.

We got our phones by luck... Never received an email that our preorder arrived. Our local store said they have 3 coming in this week, haven't heard anything from them.

Call around, you just might get lucky like we did. Glad this ordeal is over for us. I don't care to ever walk into a BB again because until last night, customer service has been lousy!!! Not sure that any gadget is worth this much headache- even if it is from Apple!
Please use plain text.
moebius-001

Understood. I also agree that the Black Tie Protection was what drew me to BBY to get the Iphone. When I found out that I could still purchase it even if I got it from the Apple Store, I cancelled my BBY order and Ordered one directly from Apple. I went back to BBY and purchased the Black Tie. (And by the way, if you purchase the Black Tie fully instead of making 15.00 payments, you save a bundle of money. It's only $229.00 vs $360 (15$/mo). 

If you want to know when you will be getting your phone I strongly urge anyone that is still waiting on their Preorders to just go out to the Apple Store online and purchase it.  Once it is shipped, they give you a tracking number that you can use to track your order from China all the way to your house.  You will know exactly when you will be getting it. Pretty cool.  China is only 3-4 days away from anywhere in the country. It took 3 days for my phone to reach the middle of the U.S. from China.  They use FedEx.

Please use plain text.
Valued Member
itsjustaphone

Just out of curiosity, why Blacktie over AppleCare+?

Please use plain text.
moebius-001

Why Black Tie over Applecare+?  Well, for one thing there is a zero dollar deductible with Black Tie, Second. There is an unlimited number of times you can utilize it and third, It appears to me that it covers more than Applecare Plus. Although I realize that there are still limits that both don't offer such as running it over with a car or dropping it in a pool, etc. That requires insurance that you have to get from the carrier.

Please use plain text.
Valued Member
itsjustaphone

I didn't know there wasn't a deductible on Blacktie... not  a bad deal.  I hope I can keep my limit of replacements to the Applecare+ max of 2.   I am pretty rough on phones too.  I am curious what the turn around time is on Best Buy servicing a broken phone.  I use my phone for work and have a lot of software I use everyday that is a pain to load.  O well I have Applecare+ now, I'm not going to deal with the hassle of switching to Blacktie.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bagman

It varies I believe could be several weeks, could pay a deposit for a loaner phone but those are usually just very basic phones with no bells & Whistles (Internet), I prefer carrier insurance refurbished phone in 2 days, I need my phone for work too, so i need it replaced ASAP, I don't care about the deductible- I gladly pay for convenience.

Please use plain text.
Exacto

You guys do realize if you pay with an Amex you'll get an additional year [free] to the standard warranty?

Please use plain text.
moebius-001

I don't use AMEX so am not familiar with their policies on warranty.  I have heard that before about Credit Cards being used to purchase items, but I know there were exceptions depending on what the specific card stated. Could also be for AMEX. I wouldn't assume that.

Please use plain text.