Add Product

Search Results:

figment

Trading in iPhone 3G

Hello,

A few days ago I got a trade-in quote for my iPhone 3G on the Best Buy trade in site. This was an in-store trade in, and it gave me something to print out and take in. I was going to bring it in this week to get a gift card to put towards my iPhone 4 when it comes to Best Buy.

I now see that the quote on the Best Buy trade in has dropped about $100 for the same credentials of a "good" iPhone 3G 16GB. I knew this was going to happen, and that's why I got the quote earlier. Because my trade in is already in the system, is what was quoted to me still valid? Or, when I bring in the barcode to my local Best Buy store are they going to quote me the lower price that it is now quoting me? Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Community Veteran
Nokia

Re: Trading in iPhone 3G

The amount you receive on the site is only an estimate. The main reason is because you cannot determine the condition. Only a store employee can do that, and I can guarantee you it won't be anything higher than "fair." "Good" requires that it be in new condition, ie. the same condition as when you first opened the box. The estimate, assuming you include the USB cable, is $85.

Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
snum1fan

Do yourself a favor and sell your Iphone on e B a y.

I sold my jailbroken and unlocked Iphone 3G last year for $550 after I got my 3GS.

You wont get that much for it now but you will get more than $200.  Just start an auction with a starting bid of $159.99 or something.  If you have your Iphone jailbroken you can get at least $220.  If its jailbroken and unlocked then youll get paid.    Probably at least $350.

I have me and my gf's 3GS's on there now.  Ending on the 22nd with payment due 24 hours after auction end.  Then I just use my PayPal debit card to pay for our new Iphone 4's.  I did this with the Wi-Fi Ipads when the 3G's came out.  If you dont have a PayPal debit card you can just put it up for a 7 day auction and put "Payment due within 24 hours of auction end" in the description.  Then just transfer the money to your bank account on PayPal.  It will transfer in enough time for you to have it on the 24th.

Please use plain text.
trevor_fl

I traded my 3GS 32 for a $311 gift card a couple of days ago. Today the value is less.

Please use plain text.
Community Veteran
Nokia

snum1fan wrote:

put "Payment due within 24 hours of auction end" in the description.

Lol, too bad that means nothing to your buyer. They have at the very least eight days to pay if you open the Unpaid Item Dispute exactly 96 hours from end of auction.

trevor_fl wrote:

I traded my 3GS 32 for a $311 gift card a couple of days ago. Today the value is less.

The estimate can change at any time, as DealTree is constantly reevaluating the market.

Please use plain text.
figment

Thanks to everyone for the information.

So I guess there's no point in using the online estimator and then bringing it into store, because time will be wasted and the price will go down even more. I think I'll just try e Bay. Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Community Veteran
Nokia

The main reason the price is dropping right now is because of the 4. No one wants a 3GS anymore, let alone a 3G.

Ebae prices are going to be severely depressed as well. Also, there's a lot of scammers on there, especially for apple products. Keep in mind that you very well get scammed and end up with nothing to show for it but being out shipping costs.

Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
snum1fan

Come on Nokia.  Best Buy must pay you to come on here and say something bad about anything not for BB.  Its so obvious.

I sold $15,000++ on eb ay last year.  Its common sense.   Dont sell to people who dont have any feedback and use PayPal.  As long as you ship to the address they tell you to and use a trackable method then your covered.  I got reimbursed for $575 just last month because a guy said he never recieved the bumper cover I sent him.

3GS's did go down.  They were going for $6-800 in good-great condition just a month ago.  Now 450-550.

Please use plain text.
Community Veteran
Nokia

I never advocated either option. You pointed out the cons of trade-in, I pointed out the cons of ebae.

Lol, I bet you sold that much. It's pretty easy to tell when you're lying, since you have demonstrated you know nothing about ebae. You're right, if you follow PP's guidelines, you're protected from INRs. However, it's extremely easy to steal almost anything off ebae by filing a SNAD. I'm not going to go into the specifics of it for obvious reasons.

Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
snum1fan

Dont get mad cause get get ripped on eb ay.

Oh yea you know alot.  SNAD?  What and you cant leave neg feedback for buyers too huh?  That ended over a year ago since you know so much and I know so little.  Now sellers have more control.  and even before if you wernt complely stupid you can protect yourself.  Like I said.  Dont sell stuff to people with little or no feedback. Its that simple.  Members with a good feedback history arent going to be trying to pull SNAD.

I bet you read that somewhere online when you googled what to respond to my post.  Or maybe you got scammed being an idot on eb ay.

For one if a buyer claims SNAD the dispute you get from PayPal gives the seller two options.  One is to to offer a refund when the buyer sends it back and the other is to dispute it.  If you dispute it and PayPal finds in favor of the buyer all they do is tell the buyer to send it back.

And the way that works is the buyer has to send it back on theyre dime and give PayPal tracking info with in 10 days, if they dont with in 10 days the case is closed.  And when you receive it and make sure its in the same condition  as when you sent it and give the ok to PayPal they will refund the buyers money.  If you dont give the OK within 5 days of the tracking saying it was delivered they automatically refund the buyer.  So SNAD doesnt work unless you send something to someone in Nigeria who western uniouns you the payment.

You can be scammed on eb ay... if your careless and/or stupid.  But dont believe all the "how to scam sellers on eb ay" stories and articles you read online.

I have never been scammed out of anything on eb ay.  I have parted out 2 vehicles and upgraded everything possible in my current vehicle (08 STS) for half price or lower by selling the old parts on eb ay just lilke I do with my Iphones, itouch, and next year to be my Ipad.

A little common sense goes a long way.

So Google a little more before you call someone a liar.  And keep selling your gadgets to BB for nest to nothing.

Oh yea, and letting BB work on your cars system.... remeber that?  LMAO

Please use plain text.