Add Product

Search Results:

Valued Member
Indydragon

The Real Story Behind the iPhone 4.

Ok, here is the story behind the iphone 4.  As i said before, I would stop by the best buy here in Lexington Park to confirm the iphones.  I spoke to the manager of BB mobile (friend) and found out what the problem is.  Take this for what you want.  Best buy stores all around are only going to receive 5-10 or 15 iphones depending on the store size.  Most of them will only receive 5-10.  The problem is Apple decided to give Best Buy stores a small amount and send the majority of their iPhones to Apple and AT&T stores.  WMart will only receive 5-10 also.  My store did have 1 white iphone.  That is what the salesperson confirmed to me.  The problem is they are restricted by Apple to sell them as it WAS a mistake putting them in the shipment.  I got my call and my appointment is for 10am on Thursday when the store opens.  The manager said they were going to open early on the assumption they would receive a mass amount of iphones.  They are going to stay with regular hours.  They received 3) 16gb and 2) 32gb iphones.  I was first to pre-order so I do get two of those.  I had the option to stay with the white ones which she explained according to a late Apple email will arrive in mid to late July or change to the black iphones.  I chose to switch so at least me and my wife will have 2 iphones on June 24th.  So again Apple is looking out for themselves and AT&T at the moment.  That is why Best Buy stores are only receiving a handful of phones.  Jacob was right. 

Please use plain text.
mikeyw278

Re: The Real Story Behind the iPhone 4.

Please use plain text.
moekuan

Jacob, I know you do not comment on rumor and speculation, but this post may have significant impact on all of us here.

Can you kindly give us your two cents?  If the mobile manager at Lexington Park has this intel, and it is valid, surely you would already be privy to it at the corporate level?

Thank you in advance.  I also want to say kudos for being ever present today and dealing with difficult requests.  Appreciate your efforts so far.

Please use plain text.
Valued Member
Indydragon

Mikeyw278

Yep i read your post and you are correct.  You were all the way on the right track.  The inventory was diverted leaving best buy with basically nothing.  I read the emails and it is really just all out sad.  I dont really care because I will have 2 of the 5 our store has.  But for everyone who ordered from Best Buy, this whole thing is just going to leave so many people with headaches, disappointments and all.  Steve Jobs and Apple should have been more prepared then this.  This is truly the worst service I have ever seen Apple provide.  No comments, no emails, no statements, no anything.  Just sink or swim. 

Please use plain text.
Community Veteran
Nokia

Apple doesn't care. The vast majority of people will make a snap judgment and blame BB.

Please use plain text.
jobshopper70

Sounds like we have some Gizmodo "writers" posting here.  Catchy title..

Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
Nexus1

5-10 per store? This is crazy.

Please use plain text.
moekuan

Let us wait for Jacob to weigh in on this.  I believe he is a straight shooter and will give us a credible answer.  If he denies it as a rumor, I would take it as that.  If he is not aware, hopefully he can look into it and see if there is any truth.

Thanks in advance! 

Please use plain text.
Community Veteran
Nokia

I doubt he'd even be able to post it.

Please use plain text.
Valued Member
Indydragon

It now makes since with all the post here and on the Apple discussions website.  Everyone is now saying that their store only received a handful so the reasoning behind it now make since.  I dont know why Apple couldnt just say this on their website in plain detail. 

Please use plain text.