Add Product

Search Results:

Fr92

Loaner Phone

About a week ago I turned in my Samsung Flight with the 2 year extended warranty to get repaired.

Best Buy gave me a loaner phone that they told me was very similar to my original phone, however I had no knowledge about this model (I later found out it was the Propel 2). It appears that the second they put my sim card into the phone and activated it AT&T put me on a smart phone plan, but I didn't realize this until about 2 days later when I recieved a text from AT&T.

I'm assuming that Best Buy made a mistake by giving me a smart phone. Will I be able to get a refund for the money I was charged for this phone?

Please use plain text.
Community Veteran
Nokia

Re: Loaner Phone

Ah, Propel Pro.

You would have to talk to ATT about any charges on your ATT account.
Please use plain text.
cbunke

did you have to pay a $150 deposit to use the loaner? i went in today with my Intercept to have the slider fixed. I have the protection program and when I got the phone they never said anything about taking it for 2-3 weeks and having top put down a $150 deposit for a old phone. Sales staff was VERy disleading when i bought the phone 2 months ago and never said anything about having to pay that. Considering going rite back to Sprints coverage plan.

Please use plain text.
Community Veteran
Nokia

I's been more than 30 days since you purchased it. You can't add TEP.
Please use plain text.
RealGeorgeW
Topics: 605
Kudos: 528
Solutions: 308

I know with Verizon, I can add the insurance anytime I want, it just takes 30 days for it to become active...

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Please use plain text.
CrystalWoW
Topics: 313
Kudos: 222
Solutions: 602

I'm not sure how accurate that is George. From Verizon's site: Verizon Wireless customers can only enroll in Total Equipment Coverage within 30 days of new account activation with new equipment or an upgrade with new equipment purchase.

Crystal
Superuser
Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | What is a Superuser?
*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star to give kudos to show your thanks!*
While I used to be a Best Buy Employee, I no longer have any affiliation with Best Buy.
My opinions do not in any way shape or form represent Best Buy's Official decisions.
Please use plain text.
Community Veteran
Nokia

Crystal is correct. That is true of all carriers. Sprint sometimes has open enrollment for TEP, but they have to announce it.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Entropy

FYI, for AT&T (and probably T-Mobile too), if you want a backup basic phone - purchase one of their basic prepaid phones and throw your contract SIM into it.

The carrier SIMlocks of AT&T prepaid phones do accept AT&T contract SIMs, I am positive of that.  I have a $20 Motorola "candy bar" style phone that works great as a backup.

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.
Please use plain text.
Community Veteran
Nokia

Yes, Tmo allows that as well.
Please use plain text.
RealGeorgeW
Topics: 605
Kudos: 528
Solutions: 308

Ah... it might have changed I guess.... I used to have Altlel and that was the last time I had insurance on my phone(I should really change that). I am pretty curious though so I'm going to go check and report back :smileyvery-happy:

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Please use plain text.