Add Product

Search Results:

ibcool94

Cracked Screen on iPod Touch

You know the story; my Ipod Touch fell to the ground, cracking my screen.  I do remember getting the accidental damage warranty or whatever it's called.  I was just wondering what would happen if I took it back? (replace the screen,ipod, etc.)  I also cannot find the recipt (at the moment) and was wondering if it would be OK to upgrade to 4.0 (I received the iPod as 3.1.3 firmware).  Lastly, I was wondering if it would be necessary to check the firmware at all.

A heads up "Thank you" if you leave a reply answering these.

Please use plain text.
RealGeorgeW
Topics: 616
Kudos: 530
Solutions: 310

Re: Cracked Screen on iPod Touch

All you'll need to do is head into a store and have them pull up the GSBTP information for you, as long as you know the phone number it was put under, that shouldn't be a problem.

Then, you can have it repaired, or, opt for Rapid Exchange which will get you a refurbished iPod in approximately 2 weeks. Repair time can/might take longer than that.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Please use plain text.
ibcool94

So I just need the phone number that it was put under?

And, if you might have any idea, what is the average time that a repair in this situation would take?

Please use plain text.
ibcool94

And do you fix it it the store or do you have to send it to apple???
Please use plain text.
RealGeorgeW

Sorry didn't catch this quicker.

Correct, all they need is the number the BTP was under.

Repair, to be honest, I never had a lot of people choose that option. I'd say 2-3 weeks and as far as I am actually not sure if it would go to the service center or to Apple.

Most people opt for Rapid Exchange which will get you a sparkly refurb in ~5-10 business days.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Please use plain text.
Derekthed1ppy

say my screen cracked would i be able to like get money for it  store credit and if so how much

Please use plain text.
hugejames

it is ok if you mailed it to official repairment of apple. i have done it before .

Please use plain text.
RealGeorgeW

Derek > If you mean that you do not have Black Tie Protection with Accidental coverage, then, your best bet is to put it on an auction site and list it for about 1/3rd the original cost. Someone will buy it.

You can try the BBY Recycling program, but you'll get MUCH more for it elsewhere.

Please use plain text.
sarppyloco

You may want into changing the cracked screen yourself. A kit goes for aroud $11 and it comes with all the tools needed as well as the screen. It will take you around 30 minutes to do the screen change and it will be like new. I have done it before with an iphone.

ebay's link

Please use plain text.
Community Veteran
Nokia

Not only are you spamming, but that auction won't help at all if the screen is cracked. All that is is the glass overlay. A screen costs much more.
Please use plain text.